A piece of sunshine

In solidarity

In solidarity 

"I'm sick. Please pray for me."

One day, a simple but clear message arrived by Kakao Talk. I couldn't help but call to ask why she is sick so as to pray for her specifically. She explained her painful situation most thoroughly over the phone. If I hadn't reminded her of my schedule, she could have continued talking without limits.

Many people in the world need somebody to talk to right now. More than ever, counseling and communication are urgently needed to help people relieve some of the tension caused by the worldwide pandemic.

We may need to keep social distance and to stay in self-isolation when necessary, but we still need online communication.

Sadly, many people have passed away due to COVID-19. They have become victims of a virus that has spread incredibly quickly.

Following the guidelines of our government, we often wash our hands and wear masks in public. Living with a mask is uncomfortable and sometimes frustrating, but we are willing to accept this discomfort for each other. We are staying home and avoiding venturing out as much as possible.

Above all, we pray for the end of COVID-19. We are praying and making sacrifices for national leaders, government officials, soldiers, medical staff, volunteers, patients and those who have already passed away.

Since mass was stopped at every parish, numbers of visitors to our Pauline bookshops across the country have drastically decreased, but we continue to do our apostolate because people keep ordering through the phone and the internet.

Many meetings and events, as well as the parish mission, have been canceled, but we are trying to carry out some projects through social media. We are doing our best to create online digital content for YouTube and our homepage, such as Via Crucis (The Stations of the Cross), messages of hope, Bible readings, Eucharistic adoration, specific topics for prayers, and online prayer school to encourage and help people with their spiritual life.

Our publicity team even sent press materials and books titled "Shincheonji fact check" to media agencies and government agencies to inform them of the reality of the pseudo-religious group.

Even though mass has been suspended in the entire parish, we are still living the sacramental life without difficulty thanks to the religious brothers of the Society of St. Paul that is located next to us.

Every consecrated person in Korea offers a prayer asking for the end of the coronavirus with one heart every day. To me, the situation doesn't affect me much because my apostolate is translating various materials for our congregation.

It is a pity to see so many people suffering from the direct influences of the phenomena. I just hope that our sincere prayers and sacrifices will contribute to the common good of people all over the world.

In our gardens beautiful and marvelous flowers are blooming as if they are blind to the suffering of the world.

As such, life is going on. Some of us die earlier while some of us live longer. I don't know when it will be my turn. I just live for every day.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,