A piece of sunshine

천사 같은 사람들 Angelic People

0afb9102c3a7dfcd7d7e6c647c7eac60_1691049567_0217.jpg

Have you ever experienced that you are healed and refreshed during sleep? Do you believe in the communal presence of guardian angels among us?

I do believe in the helping and guiding hands of guardian angels in our life. Surely, there are many angelic people with goodwill around us. A certain supernatural and mysterious power constantly accompanies us in the midst of the human network.

During our mission trips to Canada for two months, I constantly felt the presence of guardian angels supporting and guiding our journey. Especially whenever I meet volunteers, collaborators, benefactors or cooperators with goodwill and generosity, I am deeply touched by their open hands and attentive care akin to that of guardian angels. I really appreciate their faithful presence along the path of life.

Thanks to warm-hearted and generous people, the results of the mission are also fruitful. Looking at the process and its fruitfulness, I always appreciate the mysterious presence of guardian angels and the power of prayers coming from friends, family and community.

In one of the collaborators' houses, I noticed many figures of angels decorated in each room. Probably, it seemed that she, living alone, is comforted by the consoling presence of angels all around.

One of my favorite prayers is a prayer to one's guardian angel: "Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom God's love entrusts me here, ever this day be at my side, to light and guard, to rule and guide. Amen."

In our prayer tradition of the Pauline Family, the first Thursday is dedicated to the guardian angel.

So, we pray to know our guardian angels better, to be delivered from the deceits of the devil in spiritual and material dangers, and to follow our angels in their attention and efforts to lead us to heaven.

How consoling and inspiring the constant presence of guardian angels is! Even during sleep, I feel the inspiring guide of guardian angels faithfully accompanying my steps.

On a pilgrimage to some of the old Catholic churches on the East Coast of Canada, the images of angels drew my attention. The various images of angels appear here and there in the construction of the churches.

As heavenly protectors, guides, intercessors and God's messengers, angels either appear in human form or in their true form to deliver heavenly messages, especially during a time of desperate need and hopelessness. Gabriel, Michael and Raphael are some of the names of angels mentioned in the Bible.

Physically or in a dream or vision, angels appeared to Abraham, Lot, Daniel, Zacharia, Joseph, Mary, the shepherds, Peter in captivity, John in prison, Mary Magdalene, the apostles, Philip, Cornelius, Herod and Paul. During the devil's temptations, angels also appeared to Jesus.

By welcoming three strangers, Abraham accepted God into his midst in Genesis 18:1-15. An angel appeared to Joseph in his dream and directed him what to do.

"Do not neglect hospitality, for through it some have unknowingly entertained angels." (Hebrews 13:2)

"Pay it forward" is an inspiring movement to do something kind and useful for someone because someone else has done something good for you. It describes the beneficiary of a good deed repaying the kindness to others instead of the original benefactor. An angel invites another angel, and the cycle of goodness goes on and on. 

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/07/162_354575.html 

The Korea Times/ Thoughts of the Times/ July 17 (online), 18 (offline), 2023 

천사 같은 사람들 

잠자는 동안 치유되어 새롭게 된 적이 있는가? 우리 가운데 수호천사가 통공하며 존재한다고 믿는가? 

나는 우리 삶 가운데 우리에게 도움을 주며 우리를 이끄는 수호천사의 손길을 믿는다. 확실히 우리 주변에는 선의를 지닌 천사 같은 사람들이 많이 있다. 초자연적이고 신비로운 어떤 힘이 인간의 관계망 한복판에서 끊임없이 우리를 동반한다. 

두 달 동안 캐나다 선교 여행을 하면서 나는 우리의 여정을 지원하며 이끄는 수호천사의 현존을 한결같이 느꼈다. 특히 선의와 관대함을 지닌 자원봉사자, 협력자, 은인들을 만날 때마다 나는 수호천사처럼 열린 손으로 섬세하게 배려하는 손길에 깊은 감동을 받는다. 삶의 여정 가운데 만나는 이들의 충실한 도움에 진심으로 감사드린다. 

마음이 따뜻하고 너그러운 분들 덕분에 선교의 결실도 풍요롭다. 선교 여정과 그 결실을 보면서 나는 신비로운 수호천사들의 현존, 친구들과 가족과 공동체가 보내는 기도의 힘에 늘 감사드린다. 

어느 협력자 집에 머물면서 방마다 장식된 다양한 천사들의 모습을 본 적이 있다. 아마도 홀로 살기에 방 곳곳에 늘어선 천사들이 위로하는 것 같았다. 

내가 가장 좋아하는 기도 가운데 하나는 수호천사께 드리는 기도다. “저를 지켜주시는 수호천사님, 인자하신 주님께서 저를 당신께 맡기셨으니 오늘 저를 비추시고 지켜주시며 인도하시고 다스리소서. 아멘.” 

바오로 가족 수도회의 기도 전통에 따르면 첫 목요일은 수호천사에게 봉헌된다. 그래서 우리는 수호천사를 더 잘 알고, 우리가 물질적 정신적 위험에 처해 있을 때 악마의 유혹에서 벗어나며, 우리를 천국으로 인도하기 위해 염려하고 애쓰는 수호천사를 따라가도록 기도한다. 

수호천사의 한결같은 현존은 참으로 많은 위안과 영감을 준다! 잠을 자는 동안에도 발걸음마다 충실하게 동행하며 영감을 주는 수호천사의 인도를 느낀다. 

캐나다 동부의 유서 깊은 몇몇 성당을 순례하는 가운데 천사들의 이미지가 눈길을 끌었다. 성당 건축물 여기저기에 다양한 천사 모습이 드러난다. 

천상 보호자요 안내자, 중재자, 하느님의 메신저로서 천사들은 하늘의 메시지를 전하기 위해 인간이나 천사 모습으로 나타난다. 특히 절박한 상황이나 희망이 없어 보일 때 나타난다. 가브리엘, 미카엘, 라파엘은 성경에 그 이름이 언급된 천사들이다. 

육안으로, 또는 꿈이나 환시 가운데 천사들은 아브라함, 룻, 다니엘, 즈카르야, 요셉, 마리아, 목동들, 포로가 된 베드로, 감옥에 갇힌 요한, 마리아 막달레나, 사도들, 필립보, 고르넬리오, 헤로데, 바오로에게 나타났다. 악마가 예수님을 유혹할 때도 천사가 나타났다. 

창세기 18장 1-15절에서 아브라함은 세 명의 낯선 사람들을 환대함으로써 하느님을 집안에 받아들였다. 한 천사가 요셉의 꿈에 나타나 그가 해야 할 일을 가르쳐 주기도 했다. 

"손님 접대를 소홀히 하지 마십시오. 손님 접대를 하다가 어떤 이들은 모르는 사이에 천사들을 접대하기도 하였습니다." (히브리서 13,2) 

"Pay it forward"는 자신이 받은 도움을 또 다른 사람에게 베푸는 영감 어린 움직임이다. 선행의 수혜자가 원래의 은인이 아닌 다른 사람을 친절하게 대하며 은혜를 갚는 것을 뜻한다. 한 천사는 또 다른 천사를 초대하며, 그 선의는 끊임없이 돌고 돈다. 

- mtorchid88.blogspot.com  -  

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,